La. sheriff equips TASERs with cameras
By Michelle Hunter, East Jefferson bureau
Lee spent $400 each on the cameras -- $272,400 total -- to upgrade the Taser X26 stun guns used by deputies since April 2004.
While the cameras aren't likely to quell all of the controversy in recent years surrounding the use of Tasers, they'll definitely come in handy if and when the department must defend itself against excessive force lawsuits, the sheriff said. Also, the cameras will also serve as a deterrent against deputy abuse, Lee said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: La. sheriff equips TASERs with cameras
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy