TASER says SEC ends probe, recommends no sanctions
The Associated Press
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz.- Taser International Inc. on Tuesday said the Securities and Exchange Commission completed an investigation of the stun-gun maker and did not recommend any sanctions.
In a notice sent to Taser, the SEC said it will not recommend any enforcement proceedings related to the company's safety claims but will continue a probe into trading of Taser's stock.
Taser shares jumped on the news, climbing 93 cents, or 15.2 percent, to $7.05 during premarket activity. About a year ago, Taser's stock reached a high of $33.45.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help