Calif. man dies after fight with police, subdued by TASER
By Ruby Gonzales
San Gabriel Valley Tribune
WEST COVINA, Calif. — A burglary suspect died Saturday after he fought with a West Covina police officer and a sheriff's deputy in a hospital emergency room, got Tasered and was later subdued by officers, detectives said Monday.
Coroner's officials described him as a Valinda man in his 40s but didn't release the name because his next of kin in Mexico hasn't been notified.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms