Calif. man dies after fight with police, subdued by TASER
By Ruby Gonzales
San Gabriel Valley Tribune
WEST COVINA, Calif. — A burglary suspect died Saturday after he fought with a West Covina police officer and a sheriff's deputy in a hospital emergency room, got Tasered and was later subdued by officers, detectives said Monday.
Coroner's officials described him as a Valinda man in his 40s but didn't release the name because his next of kin in Mexico hasn't been notified.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic