Conn. police use TASER to subdue man with knife
By David Funkhouser
GUILFORD, Conn. — Police used Tasers to subdue a suspect wanted in connection with an assault in New Haven after the man pulled a knife on them when they confronted him on Shore Drive Tuesday, police said.
"The Tasers probably saved us from a police shooting," Deputy Police Chief Jeff Hutchinson said. "It showed a whole lot of restraint on the part of the officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Conn. police use TASER to subdue man with knife
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds