Calif. police use less-lethal rounds to subdue woman with gun to her head
Inside Bay Area
OAKLAND, Calif. — A 32-year-old Oakland woman was taken into custody Sunday after holding a gun to her head and threatening to kill herself during a five-hour standoff with police.
Oakland Police officers subdued the woman by firing less-than-lethal rounds of bean bag at her after she got out of her vehicle in the 2700 block of 68th Avenue.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy