TASER used on dad leaving Houston hospital with baby
By Cynthia Leonor Garza, Kevin Moran and Mike Glenn
HOUSTON — A Houston man has been charged with endangerment after an incident at The Woman's Hospital where an off-duty Houston police officer used a Taser on the man as he tried to leave the hospital with his infant daughter.
Lewis and his wife today said the use of the Taser was inappropriate. The Police Department said it was necessary because they considered the baby to be in danger, and cited reports of previous threats made by the man.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy