Calif. officers end standoff using beanbag round
A 61-year-old man is in a hospital after a fiery standoff ended this morning, police said.
"The resident set the house on fire," said San Leandro Police Department station supervisor Loretta Jones. "A SWAT team fired a less-than-lethal beanbag round, causing him to surrender."
The man was then taken to Eden Medical Center in Castro Valley, Jones said. No hostages were involved.
Contra Costa Times (http://www.contracostatimes.com/)
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court