Calif. officers end standoff using beanbag round
A 61-year-old man is in a hospital after a fiery standoff ended this morning, police said.
"The resident set the house on fire," said San Leandro Police Department station supervisor Loretta Jones. "A SWAT team fired a less-than-lethal beanbag round, causing him to surrender."
The man was then taken to Eden Medical Center in Castro Valley, Jones said. No hostages were involved.
Contra Costa Times (http://www.contracostatimes.com/)
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house