Calif. officers end standoff using beanbag round
A 61-year-old man is in a hospital after a fiery standoff ended this morning, police said.
"The resident set the house on fire," said San Leandro Police Department station supervisor Loretta Jones. "A SWAT team fired a less-than-lethal beanbag round, causing him to surrender."
The man was then taken to Eden Medical Center in Castro Valley, Jones said. No hostages were involved.
Contra Costa Times (http://www.contracostatimes.com/)
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic