Mass. police shoot beanbags at armed man
Patricia J. James, TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF
Copyright 2006 Worcester Telegram & Gazette, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
State police yesterday shot a man with what they termed "less lethal munitions" after he was pulled over for speeding on Interstate 495, exited his vehicle while carrying a firearm and began walking away, and refused a trooper's order to stop. Pedro J. Rivera, 21, of Brigantine, N.J., faces charges of possession of a handgun (two counts), possession of ammunition, disorderly conduct and failure to submit.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mass. police shoot beanbags at armed man
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house