Fatal TASER incident sparks debate in Colo.
DENVER, Colo. — The death of a well-liked real estate agent who was zapped with a police Taser on Monday promises to renew a growing debate about the use of the less-lethal weapon.
When officers arrived, police say, Romero charged them, prompting a patrolman to fire his Taser. The shot sent a surge of electricity into Romero's body, sending him to the ground, according to Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fatal TASER incident sparks debate in Colo.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help