Fatal TASER incident sparks debate in Colo.
DENVER, Colo. — The death of a well-liked real estate agent who was zapped with a police Taser on Monday promises to renew a growing debate about the use of the less-lethal weapon.
When officers arrived, police say, Romero charged them, prompting a patrolman to fire his Taser. The shot sent a surge of electricity into Romero's body, sending him to the ground, according to Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fatal TASER incident sparks debate in Colo.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman