Man dies in TASER confrontation with Mo. police
Preliminary toxicology results indicated the man had cocaine in his system
By JOYCE TSAI
The Kansas City Star
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The family of a man who died after Kansas City police officers used a Taser on him struggled with his death Saturday.
Jermaine Thompson, 36, of Mexico, Mo., died Friday after a confrontation with police, who suspected he was selling drugs at Kansas City motel.
Thompson’s mother, Faye Hill, said she wanted to grieve and find comfort before dealing with the cause of her son’s death.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man dies in TASER confrontation with Mo. police
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court