Man dies in TASER confrontation with Mo. police
Preliminary toxicology results indicated the man had cocaine in his system
By JOYCE TSAI
The Kansas City Star
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The family of a man who died after Kansas City police officers used a Taser on him struggled with his death Saturday.
Jermaine Thompson, 36, of Mexico, Mo., died Friday after a confrontation with police, who suspected he was selling drugs at Kansas City motel.
Thompson’s mother, Faye Hill, said she wanted to grieve and find comfort before dealing with the cause of her son’s death.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man dies in TASER confrontation with Mo. police
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic