Feds test weapons that can temporarily blind people
By Mimi Hall and Eric Moreno
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Homeland Security Department is aiming to arm federal agents with a weapon that emits a dazzling strobe capable of subduing criminals, terrorists and even unruly airline passengers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help