N.Y. cops using stun grenade sparingly
BY ROCCO PARASCANDOLA. STAFF WRITER
Copyright 2006 Newsday, Inc.
In the three years since Alberta Spruill was literally scared to death in a botched raid, the New York City Police Department has all but eliminated use of the stungrenade, the device officers used the day they burst into her Harlem apartment, Newsday has learned.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.Y. cops using stun grenade sparingly
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help