N.Y. cops using stun grenade sparingly
BY ROCCO PARASCANDOLA. STAFF WRITER
Copyright 2006 Newsday, Inc.
In the three years since Alberta Spruill was literally scared to death in a botched raid, the New York City Police Department has all but eliminated use of the stungrenade, the device officers used the day they burst into her Harlem apartment, Newsday has learned.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.Y. cops using stun grenade sparingly
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman