Md. shooting stirs calls for less lethal weapons
ANNIE LINSKEY, PHILLIP MCGOWAN AND LAURA BARNHARDT, SUN REPORTERS
Copyright 2006 The Baltimore Sun Company
Anne Arundel County police acknowledged yesterday that none of the department's three mental health units was on the scene Sunday when officers surrounded and fatally shot a mentally ill man wielding scissors after 30 minutes of negotiations failed to persuade him to drop his weapon.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Md. shooting stirs calls for less lethal weapons
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman