Md. shooting stirs calls for less lethal weapons
ANNIE LINSKEY, PHILLIP MCGOWAN AND LAURA BARNHARDT, SUN REPORTERS
Copyright 2006 The Baltimore Sun Company
Anne Arundel County police acknowledged yesterday that none of the department's three mental health units was on the scene Sunday when officers surrounded and fatally shot a mentally ill man wielding scissors after 30 minutes of negotiations failed to persuade him to drop his weapon.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Md. shooting stirs calls for less lethal weapons
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform