Utah deputy uses TASER on a pit bull
Ben Winslow Deseret Morning News
Copyright 2006 The Deseret News Publishing Co.
Davis County sheriff's deputies had used Tasers before to subdue out-of-control criminals -- but never on a dog.
That changed Sunday night when a deputy used the electronic shock device on a charging pit bull during a chase through a Layton neighborhood. It began with a traffic stop. Three men were inside the car when deputy Todd Taylor said he noticed the smell of marijuana.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Utah deputy uses TASER on a pit bull
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms