Utah deputy uses TASER on a pit bull
Ben Winslow Deseret Morning News
Copyright 2006 The Deseret News Publishing Co.
Davis County sheriff's deputies had used Tasers before to subdue out-of-control criminals -- but never on a dog.
That changed Sunday night when a deputy used the electronic shock device on a charging pit bull during a chase through a Layton neighborhood. It began with a traffic stop. Three men were inside the car when deputy Todd Taylor said he noticed the smell of marijuana.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Utah deputy uses TASER on a pit bull
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman