Fla. officer faulted in using TASER
By Antigone Barton, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Palm Beach Post
Copyright 2006 The Palm Beach Newspapers, Inc.
BOCA RATON- A police Taser instructor misused the electronic stun gun when she shocked three fellow officers with the weapon, according to a department report released Wednesday.
The investigation of instructor Sgt. Shannon Wendlick began after officials received two anonymous notes saying the 13-year officer "loves to use her Taser" and had bragged about using it on another department sergeant.
Three officers said Wendlick had pressed the weapon against their arms and fired it in the "drive stun" mode with their consent during night shifts after they asked her about the effects of the weapon used in that manner.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. officer faulted in using TASER
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms