Fla. deputy jokingly shocks officer with TASER
Cpl. reprimanded after shocking female officer in behind
NAPLES, Fla. — A Collier County deputy was reprimanded after shocking a colleague with a TASER in an incident meant to be a joke.
The December scene was caught on tape at the Collier County jail. A female deputy was seen showing a message on her iPod to a male deputy (whose name P1 has chosen to withhold), who followed the woman and shocked her on the behind with his TASER.
The deputy told investigators it was "a spur of the moment thing" and acknowledged the behavior was improper.
He was given a reprimand and final warning after an internal investigation
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds