TASER used to take down fleeing Calif. cyclist
The officers were trying to investigate a report that the man was in possession of a controlled substance
ORLAND — Police used an electronic stun gun to stop a suspect who tried to flee from them on a bicycle Friday.
With the help of Glenn County Sheriff's deputy Heath Rasmussen, Orland officer Grant Carmon attempted to stop William Lloyd Coats, 44, about 5 p.m. near the intersection of Yolo and East streets.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: TASER used to take down fleeing Calif. cyclist
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms