TASER used to take down fleeing Calif. cyclist
The officers were trying to investigate a report that the man was in possession of a controlled substance
ORLAND — Police used an electronic stun gun to stop a suspect who tried to flee from them on a bicycle Friday.
With the help of Glenn County Sheriff's deputy Heath Rasmussen, Orland officer Grant Carmon attempted to stop William Lloyd Coats, 44, about 5 p.m. near the intersection of Yolo and East streets.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: TASER used to take down fleeing Calif. cyclist
- Suspect Pursuit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house