Va. officer TASERs deer to save patient
An 8 point buck jumped through a window at a health center
By PoliceOne Staff
ROCKY MOUNT, Va. — A Rocky Mount police officer used a TASER to quell a deer that jumped through the window of a rehab center.
When Officer Chris Froeschl entered the hospital room Tuesday night and found a patient trapped inside with an 8 point buck, he considered his options, WSLS reported.
"We had to do something, and my thought process through my head was 'if I use pepper spray, that will agitate him more,'" Froeschl said. "And the only other tool I have that would immediately drop an animal to the ground was a TASER."
Froeschl deployed his less-lethal weapon three times, allowing him and another officer to successfully hold down the agitated animal and then remove it from the room.
No injuries were reported, though the officers said the situation could have turned out differently.
"Those antlers could do some damage if put in the wrong spot," Froeschl said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation