Chief: TASERs justified in weightlifter attack at NY gym
Witnesses told police that Chad Brothers, 32, of Troy, was acting strange when he arrived at the gym
By Bryan Fitzgerald and Cathleen F. Crowley
COLONIE, N.Y. — The town police chief said his officers were justified to use three Tasers against an out-of-control weight lifter at Gold's Gym in Latham on Monday morning. The man died after the confrontation.
Witnesses told police that Chad Brothers, 32, of Troy, was acting strange when he arrived at the gym around 5:45 a.m., using exaggerated sounds as he worked out. Around 6:18 a.m., havoc broke out when Brothers fell or jumped off an elliptical machine.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police