4 Colo. students suspended over pepper spray prank
Pepper spray forced an evacuation at Niwot High School
NIWOT, Colo. — Four students at Niwot High School in Colorado have been suspended after pepper spray forced a school evacuation.
Four adults and 45 students were treated by paramedics for respiratory problems and skin irritation after the pepper spray got into a ventilation system.
According to KMGH-TV, the suspended students could be charged with criminal use of a noxious substance if they fail to complete a justice program.
Mountain View firefighters decontaminated the building before students returned inside.
Niwot is between Boulder and Longmont.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house