Pepper spray use at Ark. school under investigation
Officer used pepper spray in a hallway to get students to move inside their classrooms
PINE BLUFF, Ark. — A police officer working at a junior high school in Pine Bluff used pepper spray in a hallway to get students to move inside their classrooms.
Superintendent Jerry Payne says three students were taken to a hospital and another 17 left school for the day after the Thursday incident.
Pine Bluff police spokesman Lt. Bob Rawlinson told The Associated Press that the department is conducting an internal investigation into the incident and that he couldn't release a report.
Full story: Arkansas junior high students pepper sprayed
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house