Pa. officer fatally shoots naked man
The officer first used an ECD to no effect
By Darran Simon
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — A Philadelphia police officer fatally shot a naked man who attacked him Sunday in the city's Olney section, a department spokesman said.
Fearing for his life, the officer fired four times, striking the man three times in the chest and an arm, Lt. Raymond Evers said.
The two had struggled over the officer's gun, and the victim remained aggressive after being Tasered, Evers said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa. officer fatally shoots naked man
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help