Calif. city leaders vote to equip cops with TASERs
By Alia Wilson
San Jose Mercury New
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — The Sunnyvale City Council voted 6-1 Tuesday night to authorize the purchase of Tasers for Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety employees.
The stun guns will be a completely new tool for Sunnyvale sworn officers and community service officers to use.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman