Accused gunman fired at NY officer in fear of TASER
Darrell Fuller said he fatally shot Officer Arthur Lopez as the cop approached him during a traffic stop Tuesday
Larry Celona and Georgett Roberts
The New York Post
NEW YORK — The thug who went on a deadly rampage in Queens opened fire on a Nassau cop because he was scared he'd be Tased, law-enforcement sources told The Post.
Darrell Fuller, 33, told a pal he fatally shot Officer Arthur Lopez as the cop approached him during a traffic stop Tuesday with a drawn stun gun, one source said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms