Accused gunman fired at NY officer in fear of TASER
Darrell Fuller said he fatally shot Officer Arthur Lopez as the cop approached him during a traffic stop Tuesday
Larry Celona and Georgett Roberts
The New York Post
NEW YORK — The thug who went on a deadly rampage in Queens opened fire on a Nassau cop because he was scared he'd be Tased, law-enforcement sources told The Post.
Darrell Fuller, 33, told a pal he fatally shot Officer Arthur Lopez as the cop approached him during a traffic stop Tuesday with a drawn stun gun, one source said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper