Video: Colo. cops arrest 6 in violent NM-inspired police protest
One of the protesters shot video of the confrontation between protesters and officers and posted it on YouTube
CBS 4 Denver
DENVER — Police in Denver say they had to use pepper spray when people interfered with arrests they were trying to make during a weekend protest on the 16th Street Mall.
Six people were arrested on Saturday evening on the mall at the California Street intersection. One of the protesters shot video of the confrontation between protesters and officers and posted it on YouTube. The video shows that what started as a march by a group called Anonymous quickly turned into a physical feud with Denver officers.
Anonymous has been staging protests since November on the 5th of each month. They said Saturday’s protest had a different twist because they were showing support for demonstrators in Albuquerque who are protesting officer-involved shootings there.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman