Video: Net gun stops suspects in their tracks
A new $730 net gun purchased by the Saginaw County Sheriff’s Office promises to stop uncooperative people in their tracks
By PoliceOne Staff
SAGINAW COUNTY, Mich. — A new $730 net gun purchased by the Saginaw County Sheriff’s Office promises to stop uncooperative people in their tracks.
“In a situation when someone is out of control and a TASER is not the best option, we can combine this with a TASER and it’s going to be better for everybody,” Saginaw County Undersheriff Robert Karl said.
The device was paid for using drug forfeiture money; refill cartridges cost $1.60 for the reusable net.
The department will put the device into service once personnel become proficient with it.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court