Armed suspect shot by Pa. chief
Police chief shot a suspect armed with a knife in a confrontation Tuesday
By PoliceOne Staff
SUNBURY, Pa. — The Sunbury police chief shot a suspect armed with a knife in a confrontation Tuesday.
The Daily Item reports Police Chief Brad Hare initially attempted to TASER 22-year-old Erick Trometter, but was forced to fire one shot at the suspect after he was unable to subdue him.
Trometter was transported to a local medical center, but no information has been released on his condition.
The chief was not injured.
Hare is on leave while police investigate the incident.
Sgt. Chris Blase has been appointed acting chief for the duration of the investigation, according to the report.
Police confirm someone tried to stab Acting Sunbury Police Chief Brad Hare & he shot them. More info as it becomes available— Nikki Krize (@NikkiKrize) July 8, 2014
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help