San Francisco's 'hot cop of Castro' goes viral on Facebook
The Facebook page, created about two weeks ago, was nearing 13,000 "likes" late Wednesday
By Nannette Miranda
NBC Bay Area
SAN FRANCISCO — Social media fans now have someone on the right side of the law to love in the form of the "Hot Cop of Castro," also known as San Francisco Police Officer Chris Kohrs.
The cop's admirers began when writer and amateur photographer Mark Abramson captured on his iPhone the 6-year veteran guarding a construction zone in San Francisco's Castro District. Photos of Kohr took off by getting reposted on Facebook.
Nathan Tatterson was such a big fan he started a Facebook fan page for Kohrs. The Facebook page, created about two weeks ago, was nearing 13,000 "likes" late Wednesday.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house