Colo. deputy killed, 2 officers injured, suspect fatally shot in gun battle
The deputies approached the suspect’s home to serve an eviction notice when the shootout started
By PoliceOne Staff
BAILEY, Colo. — A shootout ended with one Park County sheriff’s deputy slain, two more officers injured and the suspect killed, News9 reported.
The incident began Wednesday morning as officers approached a residence to serve an eviction notice. The suspect began firing a rifle at the deputies.
Nate Carrigan, 12-year member of the force, was pronounced dead at the scene. An 11-year veteran has life-threatening injuries and was in surgery. A 21-year veteran officer had non-life threatening injuries and was undergoing treatment.
None of the deputies have been identified.
The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.
The incident is under investigation. No further details are available at this time.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house