Man offers to shoot citizen for 100 retweets, arrested
Police have arrested a 20-year-old Los Angeles man who allegedly threatened to shoot a random pedestrian if his Twitter post was retweeted a hundred times
LOS ANGELES — Police have arrested a 20-year-old Los Angeles man who allegedly threatened to shoot a random pedestrian if his Twitter post was retweeted a hundred times.
The Los Angeles Times reports Dakkari Dijon McAnuff was booked on suspicion of making criminal threats.
The investigation began Wednesday morning when police officers were notified about a photo on Twitter. It showed a rifle pointed at a Los Angeles street with the caption "100 (retweets) and I'll shoot someone walking."
Investigators say they were able to link McAnuff to the Twitter account and track it to a home in the downtown area, where he was arrested Wednesday.
Police later determined the weapon was an air rifle, which was recovered from the home.
McAnuff's Twitter account has since been taken down.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house