BSO integrates radios for better public safety
By Eliott Rodriguez
FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla. — What the public rarely gets a glimpse of is the amount of coordination among fire rescue and law enforcement agencies arriving at the scene of an accident. Different agencies have different radios, and cannot communicate because they operate over different frequencies and use different technology.
This communication problem was highlighted during 9/11 in New York City with so many agencies and so many different communications equipment, which didn''t allow them to coordinate their response efficiently.
Well, that''s changing with some new technology, showcased by Broward County emergency responders. It''s called "communications interoperability", demonstrated at Markham Park in Broward on Thursday during a Broward Sherriff''s office rescue training operation ...Full Story
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert