WTC officer remembers fallen heroes
Why did I walk away? Coping with survivor's guilt
By Mike Kelly
BERGEN COUNTY, N.J. — In the silent corners of his meticulous mind, Alan T. DeVona knows he did the best he could at the World Trade Center on that Tuesday in September almost seven years ago.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: WTC officer remembers fallen heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help