20 hurt as van crashes after trying to elude police
By Adam Sneed
PHOENIX — Authorities were investigating a collision that left at least 20 people injured after a van trying to elude police slammed into two vehicles and rolled over Monday near 27th and Southern avenues in Phoenix.
The white Chevrolet van raced down Valley freeways and surface streets, barreling through intersections before hitting a blue Subaru hatchback and a white BMW coupe. The van rolled over and ripped a stop sign from its concrete base.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police