Program launched to detect 'lone offenders'
By Kevin Johnson
Federal authorities have launched an effort to detect lone attackers who may be contemplating politically charged assaults similar to the recent slayings of a Kansas abortion doctor and a Holocaust museum security guard.
The effort, known as the "Lone Wolf Initiative," was started shortly after President Obama's inauguration, in part because of an increasing number of hate groups and surging gun sales.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Program launched to detect 'lone offenders'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend