Wireless auction a win for taxpayers?
By Grover G. Norquist and Kelly William Cobb
WASHINGTON — Voters sent a clear mandate to Washington on Election Day: cut government spending and end the culture of fiscal profligacy.
Yet, one big reason for higher spending has been inefficient and costly investments in public safety and national security. If lawmakers on both sides of the aisle are serious about providing this vital government service while passing real savings on to taxpayers, there is an important solution that both parties can embrace: auctioning spectrum.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Wireless auction a win for taxpayers?
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy