Mich. police seek suspect in 24 shootings
Officers are searching for anything out of the norm where the suspect is believed to have fired on two dozen vehicles
The Malone Telegram
DETROIT — Officers have begun pulling over and questioning drivers in four Michigan counties in the hopes of catching a man suspected of shooting at other motorists over the past two weeks, including one driver who was wounded over the weekend.
Officers are searching for anything out of the norm in Oakland, Livingston, Ingham and Shiawassee counties, where the suspect is believed to have fired on two dozen vehicles since Oct. 16, said Lt. Mike Shaw, of the state police post in Brighton.
Witnesses have described the suspect’s vehicle as resembling a dark 1998 Oldsmobile Alero or a 1998 Toyota Camry. Police on Monday stopped the driver of a dark-colored Chevy Cavalier after a woman reported that something hit her car on U.S. 23 near Brighton.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mich. police seek suspect in 24 shootings
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy