3 dead in Calif. Indian reservation shooting
Four others, including two young girls, have been wounded after a shooting on an Indian reservation in Central California
PORTERVILLE, Calif. — Authorities say three people are dead and four others, including two young girls, have been wounded after a shooting on an Indian reservation in Central California.
Sheriff's officials in Tulare County say when deputies were called to trailer Saturday night on the Tule Indian Reservation, they found the body of a man and a woman inside. A third body was nearby.
Deputies also found a wounded male juvenile. His condition was not known.
Tulare County authorities did not immediately return a call to The Associated Press seeking details.
The Fresno Bee ( http://bit.ly/WUNeOW) reports that a vehicle with the suspect — 31-year-old Hector Celaya — and his daughters, ages 5 and 8, was pulled over by deputies early Sunday.
The newspaper says Celaya was then wounded during an exchange of gunfire.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy