Woman decorating church 1 of 3 Pa. slaying victims
The woman was killed Friday by a man who first fired shots through the windows of the church
By Genaro Armas and Joe Mandak
GEESEYTOWN, Pa. — Authorities say one of a gunman's three victims was a woman fatally shot while decorating for a children's Christmas party at a central Pennsylvania church.
The Rev. James McCaulley says the woman was killed Friday by a man who first fired shots through the windows of the Juniata Valley Gospel Church hall in Frankstown Township. That's about 70 miles west of Harrisburg. Another woman decorating wasn't shot.
Police say the gunman killed two other men at another location before he was fatally shot by state troopers.
Police have yet to release names of the victims or the gunman. They say the gunman fired at troopers before crashing into a police cruiser. Police then shot him.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help