Arrest made after 2 killed at Alabama club
The victims, 19 and 20, were declared dead at the scene
HOOVER, Ala. — Police have arrested a suspect in the shooting deaths of two people overnight at a nightclub near Birmingham, Ala.
Hoover police Capt. James Coker said U.S. marshals made an arrest at 7 a.m., seven hours after the shooting inside Martini's Lounge in Hoover, Ala. The suspect has not yet been charged. Coker said the suspect is male but did not release his name.
The victims are a 19-year-old man, Monterio Alonzo Peebles-Kellogg and a 20-year-old woman, Lakenya Chaniese Moton. Both lived in Birmingham. They were declared dead at the scene.
A third victim was treated at UAB Trauma Center and released after gunshot injuries that were not life-threatening. Coker didn't give the person's identity.
Coker said the circumstances are still under investigation.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests