Vegas man accused of triple homicide after botching suicide
Suspect remains hospitalized with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head following the Tuesday afternoon shooting
LAS VEGAS — Police say a Las Vegas man who botched his own suicide after killing three family members will face murder charges.
Las Vegas police said Wednesday that 54-year-old James McCarty remained hospitalized with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head following the Tuesday afternoon shooting at a home in a residential community several miles west of the Las Vegas Strip.
Police say McCarty is expected to survive and will be arrested when he recovers.
Investigators haven't described a motive for the shootings, and the Clark County coroner hasn't released the names of the man and two women who died.
Police summoned to a report of gunshots found blood on the back patio and bullet holes in a window before SWAT officers entered the house and found McCarty and the others.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court