Police: 3 found shot to death inside Kansas home
Officers and emergency medical responders arrived after getting an emergency call late Friday
TOPEKA, Kansas — Police say three people have been found shot to death inside a home in Topeka, Kansas.
Topeka police Lt. Scott Gilchrist says officers and emergency medical responders arrived after getting an emergency call late Friday from a woman at the home reporting that several people had been shot. He declined to give any identifying information about the three people who were found dead, including whether they lived in the house.
Gilchrist tells the Topeka Capital-Journal that police were searching for a person of interest. He says the person isn't believed to be a threat to the general public.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms