Police: 2 more explosives found at Boston marathon
Officials dismantled two more explosive devices found near the initial bombs that went off
By PoliceOne Staff
BOSTON — A senior U.S. intelligence official says two more explosive devices have been found near the scene of the Boston marathon finish line where two bombs detonated earlier this morning.
The first two explosions that killed at least two people and injured dozens more appeared to be bombs. However it is not clear if the second set of devices — which were being dismantled — are bombs, according to Time.
The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the motive for the attack and who is responsible is not yet clear.
A third blast was later reported at JFK Library about 5 miles away,
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation