Police: 6 people dead in weekend Chicago shootings
In separate incidents, 6 were killed and 11 were wounded
CHICAGO — Chicago authorities say at least six people have been killed in weekend violence and at least another 11 wounded.
Police are investigating the death of a 42-year-old man who was shot in the head early Sunday. The county medical examiner says Charles Jones was pronounced dead at around 3:30 a.m. The shooting stemmed from a crash and a woman was taken to the hospital.
Also killed Sunday was a man in his late 20s who was shot in the armpit and pronounced dead at a suburban hospital.
Two people were killed in shootings Saturday, including 18-year-old Fearro Denard and a 29-year-old man who was shot not far from President Barack Obama's South Side home.
On Friday, a 17-year-old and 22-year old were killed in separate shootings.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation