Police: 6 people dead in weekend Chicago shootings
In separate incidents, 6 were killed and 11 were wounded
CHICAGO — Chicago authorities say at least six people have been killed in weekend violence and at least another 11 wounded.
Police are investigating the death of a 42-year-old man who was shot in the head early Sunday. The county medical examiner says Charles Jones was pronounced dead at around 3:30 a.m. The shooting stemmed from a crash and a woman was taken to the hospital.
Also killed Sunday was a man in his late 20s who was shot in the armpit and pronounced dead at a suburban hospital.
Two people were killed in shootings Saturday, including 18-year-old Fearro Denard and a 29-year-old man who was shot not far from President Barack Obama's South Side home.
On Friday, a 17-year-old and 22-year old were killed in separate shootings.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend