4 found shot dead in car in Tenn. suspect in custody
The car was found parked next to a former mountain resort, 1 woman and 3 teens were inside
CRAB ORCHARD, Tenn. — The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says it has arrested a suspect in the shooting deaths of four people in a car in a former resort.
TBI Director Mark Gwyn said in a press conference Friday that Jacob Allen Bennett was arrested on a parole violation in Rhea County late Thursday. Gwyn said law enforcement officials "believe that we have the person that committed these crimes."
A car containing the bodies was discovered by a resident of the community about 50 miles west of Knoxville on Thursday morning. The victims were identified as 22-year-old Danielle Jacobson, 16-year-old John Lajeunesse and two 17-year-olds, Steven Presley and Dominic Davis.
Law enforcement officials declined to discuss any possible motives for the shootings.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert