Tenn. police ready for NBA, BBQ, and flood waters
By Jody Callahan
The Commercial Appeal
Forgive the men and women of the Memphis Police Department if they're teetering between harried and frazzled right now.
Between now and Monday evening, those officers will be charged with keeping the city safe during a rare confluence of events that includes record flooding on the Mississippi River, a pivotal NBA playoff game, thousands of barbecue lovers on Tiger Lane as well as a presidential visit. It's likely to be one of the busiest weekends the city has seen in years.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police