NJ officer calls hurricane ‘total devastation’
Sergeant hopes America gets a good look at what Hurricane Sandy did
By Anthony G. Attrino
SOUTH BRUNSWICK — Police Sgt. Jim Ryan hopes America gets a good look at what Hurricane Sandy did.
Fallen trees – too numerous to count early Tuesday – remained splintered and scattered across roads. Utility lines were down in every neighborhood. And the officer knew of no one in South Brunswick or surrounding towns who had power.
“Close to 100 percent of the population is without power. That’s just the least of it,” he said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house