Officer drowns saving family from surging Sandy
After saving his father, girlfriend, baby and others, he drowned in his basement
MyNews Interactive Media
NEW YORK — A police officer drowned in his basement after saving seven members of his family from the rising surge of superstorm Sandy, the Daily Mail reported Wednesday.
Artur Kasprzak, 28, who worked in Lower Manhattan, worked frantically to help his family, including his father, his girlfriend and their baby to the attic of their home on Staten Island.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Officer drowns saving family from surging Sandy
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms