Police: Man plotted attack during 'Twilight' movie
Suspects mother contacted authorities saying she was concerned her son had purchased weapons similar to those used in the Aurora shooting
BOLIVAR, Mo. — A southwest Missouri man is accused of plotting to open fire inside a movie theater during a screening of the new "Twilight" film.
Twenty-year-old Blaec Lammers of Bolivar was charged Friday with three felony counts, including making a terrorist threat.
Bolivar police say his mother contacted authorities Thursday, saying she was concerned her son had purchased weapons similar to those used in the movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colo.
Investigators say Lammers told authorities he was planning to attack the theater and a Walmart store Sunday. Police say he'd bought movie tickets, two assault rifles and 400 rounds of ammunition.
A phone message left by The Associated Press at Lammers' home wasn't returned. Online court records don't say if he has an attorney.
Prosecutors say they'll seek a mental examination.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Media Relations
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert